Saturday 2 November 2013

Our Twelve Imams





  • Narrated Jabir ibn Samura: I heard the Prophet saying, “There will be twelve commanders (Amir).” He then said a sentence which I did not hear. My father said, the Prophet added, “All of them will be from Quraysh.”

Sahih al-Bukhari (English)
Hadith: 9.329, Kitabul Ahkam.

  • The Prophet said: “Islam will continue to be triumphant and protected until there have been twelve Caliphs, all of them from Quraysh.”

Sahih Muslim (Arabic version)
Kitab al-Imaara,


  • The Prophet said: “There will be after me twelve Amir (Prince/Ruler), all of them from Quraysh.”

Sunan al-Tirmidhi (Arabic)
Chapter of Fitan,


  • “The Prophet said: “Islam will continue to be triumphant until there have been twelve Caliphs, ” So people said Takbir and made noise, then he said a light word I didn’t hear. I [Jabir bin Samura] said to my father: What did he say? He said “All of them are from Quraysh.”

Sunan Abu Dawud (Arabic)
2:421, Kitab al-Mahdi.

No comments:

Post a Comment